Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
KelvinG
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Problem with set-up: Blackberry ID- country and language

Hello, I am setting up my Playbook tablet for the first time and have hit a snag on the third or fourth screen. I am supposed to enter my country and language for Blackberry ID, but I see only 'No country indicated' and I find no way to enter a country and language, as prompted. According to the tutorial, this screen should show a language option immediately. I went to get a Blackberry ID, through my e-mail address but it is obviously not 'connected' in any way (yet) to my Playbook tablet.

I hope someone might help me with this and I will certainly appreciate said help! Must say the obvious, I am new to this forum, but I am sure I am posting my question in the right forum.

Thanks a lot!  

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HailBB
My Device: Bold 9800

Re: Problem with set-up: Blackberry ID- country and language

If  you go back to the previous screens. Make sure that you are connected to the internet as this is how it gets that information.

Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KelvinG

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply! I should have mentioned in my first post (and was thinking of adding it this afternoon) that I 'think' I was connected to the Internet. That is, I was at a public library and according to the info. I got from the connect to Wi-Fi screen, I was connected. 

(I went to the library because I am not going to need Wi-Fi at home; no need for a router.)

Thanks again; it gets me thinking about that step (Internet connection) but I think I was connected.

KelvinG. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HailBB

No worries, It could have been that you lost connection. Doing this will make sure that you are connected. Sometimes you may need to delete the connection and try setting up again and then going further will display what you are looking for.
Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KelvinG

Hi Nick,

Thanks. That is really appreciated. I am going to head back tomorrow to the library and pay attention to the connection.

KelvinG. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HailBB

Just wondering how you made out with this?
Regards,

Nick

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KelvinG

Hello Nick, 

I completed the set-up yesterday at a café with Wi-Fi. I think the Wi-Fi connection at the library simply didn't work. When I tried set-up there, my Playbook blocked at the Blackberry ID page. So yesterday, I went to the café and it is now working. I will go back to the library some time soon and see if it will work there. Thanks again for your help! You helped me see that the problem was my Wi-Fi connection. Now of course, the problem might still be there in some form I don't even know about, but I got it working yesterday! Thanks again, KelvinG. 

Please use plain text.