Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

giuliasw
My Device: Giulia
My Carrier: J

Problem with the camera

hi, my problem is the camera. When you open the application menu when you open do not see anything even if there is light. Trying to click to make the photo I open a window on the screen that says "error.4003 image." I also tried the chat but as soon as I open the application says "another application is using the camera. Quit 'other application and try again. "I now do not know what this other application, I just know that my tablet has not even a year and it works fine if it were not for the cameras. What should I do?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Problem with the camera

There have been two posts recently which suggest that a simple reset may fix it. You should try that first.  However the majority of posts refer to 4003 as a hardware fault requiring a repair by Blackberry. You need to do further work.

As a general guide, all suspected hardware or behaviour problems with Playbook should be approached the same way.

1. Try a reset/reboot/restart,  (hold down power button for 20 seconds so that it shuts down and restarts.).

Email problems should be tackled by deleting accounts before the reset, then after the reset, reinstating accounts.

2. Next try a backup then perform a Security wipe. Reinstate data only, and reinstall apps one by one and test.

3. Finally if no luck try a forced OS reload (otherwise known as a Debrick.)

If none of these work then unfortunately its a trip to the repair shop or a call to the warranty provider.

Information - Debrick...

Backup your data the best way you know how.

Make sure you know your Blackberry ID and password

Turn Playbook right off (i.e. Shut Down til black)

Download latest Blackberry Desktop Software to your PC or Mac and start it up

The next bit happens very quickly.

Connect the Playbook by USB cable.

Because Playbook is off you will get an error message basically saying Retry or Update  (on Mac it  may say Repair rather than Update)

Quickly select the Update (or Repair) option

The Playbook will start to get a new OS that will take al least an hour to download via the PC

Follow the registration process using your current Blackberry ID

Add back your email accounts etc.

Reinstall your apps from App World, My World.