Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
BogusBerry15
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Problems since las OS Update.

A number of problems have cropped up since the last OS update.  All of my contacts have vanished, GONE!!

The Email program hangs and freezes.  And it does not like to delete multiple Emails.  Which is a problem since there is no filter and I get tons of them!  I was wondering if others are having this problem.  I also removed the iM+ app, thinking that may have caused problems.

Any ideas would be helpful and welcome !

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Problems since las OS Update.

I have lost my contacts but I do not have the other problems you have. The lost contacts is known by RIM and they are looking into it. It appears to be related to those who only had contacts locally on their PlayBooks. If you normally synced you email there should be no problem.
Restoring a backup made no difference to the Contacts.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
upset
My Device: Curve 9630
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm having a different problem since the last OS. A new folder (Emergency Alert Messages) appeared and I keep getting multiple messages:

Monthly Test Alert   This is a test of...a series of symbols, Greek letters and numbers keep repeating.

Is anyone else having this problem? Customer Service said they never heard of this and 3 people at the T-Mobile where I bought the phone have tried different things including resetting my phone.  Nothing seems to get rid of this so called Monthly Test Alert.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Upset,
Try posting this on the phone forums rather than the PlayBook forums. You may get more help there.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
karenmillares
My Device: Curve 8250
My Carrier: Vodafone

If you have made a recent backup of your device, you can get your contacts from there. Try restoring or extracting your backup using a 3rd party app like Blackberry Backup Extractor. If you have synced it with Google or other address book, you can re-sync as well.
Please use plain text.