Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Problems w/messages and browser since I updated the firmware to 2.0.1.358

I updated the firmware yesterday and noticed immediate problems.

When I launch the message app, I can only see the list of messages on the left. The screen to the right remains blank. I can pull down the usual menus and can highlight and delete messages using the list on the left.

The Bridge Message app does not work (dark screen with the BlackBerry berries, then it closes automatically).

Ditto the rest of the Bridge apps.

When I launch the browser app (the bridge browser is gone, but might have been gone since 2.0 and I didn't notice), I get a dark screen with a back-arrow on the top left. I can't pull down any menus.

I have not yet tried to synch with the Desktop Manager.

I can open the BlackBerry App World, but cannot access My World (button is highlighted, but app is frozen).

I hope this is enough information to start with.

Best,

Lalita

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Problems w/messages and browser since I updated the firmware to 2.0.1.358

Try the three button reset. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds. Wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes. Allow it to reboot which is about 4 minutes. Check things over and report back.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Worked like a charm! You're my hero! I'm naming my next cat after you--"Here, Lost At Sea!"

Um, you get the point!

Thanks again.

Lalita
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Any time you have strange glitches like that occur, do the three button reset. It is the same as Control -Alt - Delete on a computer. It resets the software back to the beginning.