Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 2.0
Accepted Solution

Problems with email on Blackberry

I have an email message that I cannot delete.  When I click on the email, the only thing I see to the right is a blank white screen rather than seeing the email itself.  How can I delete this email from my inbox?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Problems with email on Blackberry

I am assuming you are using a PlayBook. When you see your list of email messages on the left, you should see a small garbage can icon on the lower right. Highlight the icon and tap the garbage can. The email should be deleted from your PlayBook. To delete many, swipe down from the top of the screen, Tap Select. A small box appears next to each email. Tap the box and a check mark appears. After you check all you want to delete, tap the garbage can. All emails checked should vanish. Once gone, they are gone. You cannot get them back although they may be on your email provider server.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Next thing to try is in the advanced settings of your Playbook mail account change Messages Sync Timeframe, say from 7 to 14 days. That will resync all your messages properly.

If it still will not delete, log into your webmail account using Browser and delete there. 

I have done that successfully with other emails, but unfortunately this particular email is not allowing itself to be deleted.  It is very strange because the contents of the email are gone (it appears as a blank white screen), but the email appears in the list of emails with the rest of my inbox.  There were attachments to this email and rather than showing the paper clip as it typically does, it does not have the paper clip as part of the icon.  So I think somehow this email has become corrupted.  

Forums Veteran I

As Jarviser has mentioned above, go to your web based email account and Try to delete it there.
New Contributor

When I looked at the sync time, the lowest amount of time I find is 15 minutes.  Am I looking in the correct place for this?  Also, my email account is through CenturyLink and if I use that website, it only shows me new emails (i.e.-- not ones which have already been downloaded to a PC).  I've deleted the email from my home PC, but can't get it off of my Playbook.

Forums Veteran I

There is a setting in Messages that asks how long you want the email to stay on the PlayBook. The default setting is 7 days I think to a maximum of 30 days although this may have been increased in the last update. Once it's time is up, it is automatically removed from the PlayBook, not from the server.
New Contributor

When trying to find this setting you referenced, I finally figured out how to get those checkboxes you were referring to earlier and I was able to delete the message!  Thanks so much for your help and for the help of the other person who replied to my post.  I appreciate the time you both took to email me about this!!  

New Contributor

This worked!! It allowed me to check the single email I wanted to delete and get rid of it that way. I'm still not sure why simply hitting the garbage can icon didn't work as it has for every other email I've tried to delete, but I'm thankful that there is another way. Thanks for your help!!!