Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Vineet_Abrol
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 6138378737

Problems with latest playbook update

[ Edited ]

I use my playbook a lot and I mean a lot so you can see how frustrating this is for me I just recently updated my playbook to 2.0.1.668 and my power button will only turn my playbook off not on so I have to keep it plugged in so I can just touch the screen but than that takes the traveling out off the playbook and when I reset it it just updates again and before it updates again it works fine 

signed,

please help

Please use plain text.
Developer
WebCreep
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Problems with latest playbook update

I think you need to do security wipe
Please use plain text.
Visitor
elderbugs
My Carrier: Verison

My wife's PB is also having the same problems.  In addition to it not starting back up after pushing the power button it was spontaneously shut down in the middle of using it.  Just today a friends son was playing a game and the PB just turned off.  Is anyone else having that problem?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zukka
My Device: PlayBook 64 Gb and Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi. U need to downgrade the Os. Connect your PlayBook on Pc. When the Desktop Manager is connect to the device, restart your PlayBook (don't disconnect) on the DM appear a windows .. Select update and repair. Don't forget a backup for first!

If U like my post click on LIKE :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
helen44
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thanks for this!  I did manage to update the software but I still have a BIG problem.  I don't know if it stems from the new BB software or the updated device manager software.  When I connect the Playbook to my PC, it acknowledges that it is connected but when I start the device manager application, it tells me there's a problem connecting to the PB.  I also cannot connect by Bluetooth.  I have spent the whole day on this!  I know I did everything right with the settings etc.  Help!  I want to transfer some PDFs from my PC to the PB.  The PB does not appear either in the list of devices connected to the computer.  Does anybody know what the problem is?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zukka
My Device: PlayBook 64 Gb and Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone

It could be a problem of anti-virus or firewall. I had that problem with McAffe.

If U like my post click on LIKE :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vineet_Abrol
My Carrier: 6138378737

If you have windows 7 then u might need to right click on the program and select "open as administrator"

Please use plain text.