Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

QWS3270 Tablet Playbook app Upgrade fails

My PlayBook has the Jolly Giant QWS3270 Tablet app installed at Version 1.0.15.  In BlackBerry World when I select Upgrade to install Version 1.0.19, it says "An error has occurred. Please try again later".  Jolly Giant support advised that the new version would solve a problem I'm seeing with the blu-tooth keyboard.  They also advised me to contact Blackberry World support on the Upgrade error message.  Any insight or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,  Richard

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: QWS3270 Tablet Playbook app Upgrade fails

Hi rbpowell,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Do you also receive this error message when trying to download or upgrade any other applications from BlackBerry World? Have you tried using a different Wi-Fi network? Can you also please verify that the date/time and time zone are all set correctly on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet? Settings > Date & Time.

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hello FS,

Thanks for your reply.  In answer to your questions, I get this message only when trying to Update the QWS3270 application.  For example, I downloaded and installed the TextEdit application successfully.  I have also tried two different WiFi networks, one in Waterloo and another in Ottawa (just today).  The date and time look correct on my PlayBook.  Please let me know if you need any other information on this problem.

Best Regards,

Richard

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey Richard,

Since you are able to download other applications and only have the issue with the one app, it seems to be an issue with that application itself. I would suggest trying to contact the app vendor again to see if they can investigate further.

Cheers.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi FS,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I had already contacted Michael Petersen at Jolly Giant and he was the one who suggested I contact Blackberry World support.  Since I could not find a number to call at Blackberry, I decided to try the forums.  Here is what Michael Petersen said (in quotes):

"As far as I know, the Blackberry Appworld is the only way to install or update the QWS3270 Tablet application. I suggest contacting the BAW to report this problem, if it does not resolve itself within a few days.

The QWS3270 Tablet application should, on the Blackberry tablet, work with external keyboards. The update to the application should fix the problem you are having with your keyboard."

Is there some way to get Jolly Giant talking to Blackberry World support to see where the problem lies?

Thanks again for your help.

Richard

New Contributor

Hello,

Just an update to say I was able to get past this problem by doing a Delete on QWS3270 in My Apps followed by a fresh install.  The fresh install brought down a new version so now the Bluetooth keyboard is working and I was able to successfully sign on to TSO running z/OS on an IBM Z9 machine.  This is a neat program that will enable me to use my Blackberry Playbook in a productive way for my daily work.

Richard

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

thanks for sharing your solution

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V