Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
raylookiii
My Device: Playbook 64 GB
Accepted Solution

Question regarding Video Chat

I proudly own two Blackberry Playbooks.. but because I am a budgeter, both Playbooks are on my same Blackberry Account, so I wouldn’t have to purchase my apps twice.  The problem with this is if my wife has the Playbook, she thought it would be nice (and me also) to use Video Chat between each Playbook. But because both Playbooks are on the same account this doesn’t appear possible.  Is it possible to perform a full backup of my primary Playbook, do a security swipe of my secondary Playbook (so I can change Blackberry account name in order to Video Chat my other) then do a restore of the Primary Playbook to the secondary Playbook so the apps will be transferred?  Will this work?  Will the apps work on the second Playbook?  Am I out in left field and not thinking right? :smileyhappy:

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Question regarding Video Chat

That (using a new BlackBerryID on one device) will work for Vid Chat, but you're not going to get apps on both devices under different ID, since they are licensed to the other ID.

You're using the software on two different devices, you'll need to pay for it. I understand what you want to do, but I also understand people have to feed their families on the developer side also. I would not like it if someone were stealing my work.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

The backup will not back up the application as far as I know. But setup another bbid on the website and just add it to the pb in the option / setup menu under blackberry I'd and switch back when getting the app world.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
raylookiii
My Device: Playbook 64 GB

I completely understand what you are saying, though stealing is a harsh word since I have already paid for them, and I am the owner of both Playbooks.

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

I am only suggesting the separate I'd as an alternative for video. I agree with JSanders about using software on one pb and paying for them both.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.