Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
fatzDomingo
My Device: Z10

RIM CalDAV Test - what is this?

Unresponsive Playbook was recovered using DM. Now my calendars are empty. Only 1 entry from RIM - RIM CalDAV Test. What on earth is this, and any clues as to why my Gmail CalDAV no longer works. Pretty useless calendar if I cabn't sync it with anything! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: RIM CalDAV Test - what is this?

Hello fatzDomingo

Sorry to hear about your issue. 

Were you able to integrate your Gmail email account onto your BlackBerry PlayBook? 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

[ Edited ]

From what I understand, Google intended to drop syncing for all its free products and completely for certain platforms.  Not sure how it works for existing clients or clients that had to re-enter information after an update or a security wipe.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fatzDomingo
My Device: Z10

Yup.....unfortunately it seems to hit rebuilt accounts after security wipes. My calendar on the PB does absolutely nothing! It gleefully tells me that it is syncing - no messages - no errors - no updates.

Ive said enough elsewhere about RIM not having the capability to update PB even from its desktop software......really disappointed! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

[ Edited ]

Are you only using Google for the calendar feature?  I did set one up on Google but found it was not as feature rich as the Hotmail (now Outlook.com) calendar.  I decided to use the Hotmail calendar as my main calendar to sync with and it works quite well for me. :smileyhappy:

Mind you, my main address book was already on Hotmail and I only had a few contacts in G-Mail so that made the decision easier.

The other and  expensive solution is going to paid Google services. :Dots:

Microsoft, Google, Yahoo and others seem to play around with what you can get with their free services by occasionally cutting off some feature to give an incentive to go to a paid service.  Sometimes when they lose too much market share, they restore a service.  I can't really blame RIM/BB for others' marketing strategies.

[Edit] Further research shows there is a pretty good thread out there with a lot of tips from @vjsaunders that should get you going.  Although it applies to contact syncing, it works equally well for calendar syncing as to checking boxes for sync and menus when setting up on the PlayBook.

Click here for thread on syncing

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.