Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
SlaKir
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
Accepted Solution

Re Skype and Voip

Hello,

Is the a way to download Skype and Voip on Playbook? We like Skype and Voip very much, and would like to have them on PB. Is that possible?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Re Skype and Voip

Not yet. Wait a few weeks and we'll see.

My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook

In the meantime, FaceFlow is a decent Skype alternative that works through the browser - meaning you don't have to convince your friends to install any programs on their computer. Once you are both signed up, this will allow video chat from PlayBook to PC.

FaceFlow apps are in the works for BlackBerry 10 as well as Android and iPhone - with FaceFlow being developed by a Canadian, we should expect to see strong support for BlackBerry devices.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

bdai wrote:
In the meantime, FaceFlow is a decent Skype alternative that works through the browser - meaning you don't have to convince your friends to install any programs on their computer. Once you are both signed up, this will allow video chat from PlayBook to PC.

FaceFlow apps are in the works for BlackBerry 10 as well as Android and iPhone - with FaceFlow being developed by a Canadian, we should expect to see strong support for BlackBerry devices.

As with all networking sites, use a false identity just for the service, not your main identity. As with all such services, check the  privacy policy for third party data "sharing". 

Stay safe, stay anonymous.

Ultimately, social networks are not set up for your benefit. 

If I understand it correctly, FaceFlow is closely associated with FaceBook. If one is using FaceBook, and many people do, and then start using FaceFlow, it is very difficult to stay anonymuos.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

SlaKir wrote:

If I understand it correctly, FaceFlow is closely associated with FaceBook. If one is using FaceBook, and many people do, and then start using FaceFlow, it is very difficult to stay anonymuos.

That is what makes the industry sinister. If you think sharing your personal details with the world is cool, carry on. 

Who says faceflow and facebook are associated? 

Social networks want your clicks, and your life data. Potential employers already scan facebook before they even look at your cv.

Facebook at least contains security options, even though the default for a typical 13 year old kid is wide open to every low life on the web.

I see. I don't know that much about it all to agree or disagree with you. However, I do so many serious transactions online, that I have to be careful. I'll keep your message in mind.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bdai
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook

I don't believe the two are related, aside from a similar name.  The developer for FaceFlow resides in Quebec, Canada - he may be doing it for FaceBook, but I doubt it, as it would then likely be an Android/iOS exclusive with "no immediate plans to support the BlackBerry platform".

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

BB10 allegedly contains code referring to Skype. BB10 also allows android apps access to cameras and mic. 2013 sbould be better for us. 

http://nerdberry.net/2013/01/17/will-blackberry-10-have-skype-os-code-is-definitely-looking-for-it/

FaceBook and FaceFlow are connected !

You can check it on Google search.

I will be careful

Please use plain text.