Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
davidoconn
My Device: bold 9700

Reading Email

When reading email using bb bridge can anybody tell me please how to remove the reading pane and view full screen when in horizontal reading view. There is also no way to go back to the inbox from this view. If you switch to vertical view then the back button appears and the message is full screen.

if anybody knows how to read in horizontal view with the back button and full screen view I would appreciate the advice.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Reading Email

Hi davidconn

The back button should appear at the bottom of the message regardless of whether you have it in Horizontal or Vertical mode. 

To clarify your first statement, the message will only appear in full screen within horizontal mode, when selecting it from the new message indicator in the top left corner of your Playbook home screen.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
HarmSluiman
My Device: playbook

So I think the question is hwo to get "full screen" mode in horizontal mode when you are jsut in the messages app versus from the alert in the upper right, or after you hit the lower right return from horizontal full screen mode.

New Contributor
davidoconn
My Device: bold 9700

Yes that is correct. The only way to get a message in full screen in horizontal mode is to click on the message icon when bridged in the upper left corner. It is quite annoying to have to access messages this way. I'm also crossing my fingers that we can get spell check and auto correction in the near future. I have to say I am quite disappointed with the current playbook.