Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
Longcove
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: BellAliant
Accepted Solution

Reading PDFs

Hi: I just transferred a large pdf to my partner's PB before she goes to a meeting. On the desktop the Reader has a sidebar showing the table of Contents and a click takes the user to the relevant section of the pdf. In the meetings the pages are not referred to as page numbers but, rather, as pages within a section. So, the Chair says, "Lets go to Section 3.3.4."

The PB only seems to provide a slider which allows one to go to a page which is meaningless as actual page numbers are not being used in the meeting. It wont help if she has to keep asking, "What page number is that?"

Is there any way to get a view on the PB which is similar to a real pdf? I.e., with a sidebar for access within the document. My partner tells me that other people with different tablets can get a view with sidebar.

Thanks.

Donald

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Reading PDFs

At present there is no such feature in the default Adobe Reader app in the PlayBook. You have to look for 3rd party apps that are available in the App World.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Longcove
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: BellAliant

Hello: Thank you but I already know it doesn't! I checked Crackberry and downloaded Pdf Reader which allegedly could do this. It doesn't. Then someone posted that no PB pdf reader supports Bookmarks as I now find they are called. Sigh, back to the Netbook.

Donald

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

As time goes things are maturing faster and I truly believe these short comings will be addressed in future app releases.

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Original_Lucy
My Device: BB ZED 10
My Carrier: Fido

I use an app called Qpdf and I can bookmark and jumpt to specific pages, if that is what you are looking for. Free in ap world.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

Thank you very much for the info.

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.