Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Bama53GT
My Device: BB Torch 9810, BB Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Really Annoying Transcoder.exe System Error box

While I am still able, using BB Desktop Manager, to do backup, video and photo uploads from my PB 32GB, just recently I hav been getting this dialog box that pops up all the time now that says "Rim.Transcoder.exe-System Error", with the message underneath saying "The program can't start because MP4FileLibU.dll is missiing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."  You can then either click "OK" or the red X.  Doing either will briefly close out the box, which quickly reappears with the same message again in a matter of seconds.  If you wish, you can then spend the rest of the day closing the box every time it re-opens. Arrgghh!!

Of course, I have indeed un-installed and re-installed BB Desktop Manager not once, but twice now, with the result being the same, the same error box is still there.  While everything still seems to work OK at this point, something is obviously not right, and the box constantly reappearing is already beyond just a nuisance or annoying.

If anybody has encountered this (didn't find anything in a search), and/or knows how to deal with this, I would GREATLY appreciate some assistance with it.  I am running Windows 7, and this should definitely be the latest version of BB Desktop Manager. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Really Annoying Transcoder.exe System Error box

Hello Bama53GT,

The error message you are receiving indicates the BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot find or communicate with the Mp4filelibu.dll file. The Mp4filelibu.dll file is a Windows system file, this error message is usually caused by the file being deleted or corrupted, I would suggest reaching out to Microsoft support for information repairing this file.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bama53GT
My Device: BB Torch 9810, BB Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Really Annoying Transcoder.exe System Error box

Guess that would explain why re-installiing BB Desktop didn't help any! Thanks, I'm heading to MicroSoft! I'll post back if I find relief!!
Please use plain text.