Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
FeeBledge
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360/Playbook
Accepted Solution

Rear Camera has horizontal white line across screen

Hi, I was given a playbook for Christmas and I love it but it has developed a horizontal white line on the rear camera which makes the camera and video unusable. I have customized my Playbook so am reluctant to take it back to the shop. Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I just accept that I'm not going to be able to use the rear camera or video? Hope you can help as in every other way my Playbook is perfect. Thanks.
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Rear Camera has horizontal white line across screen

I recommend that you call support at the number below:
http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html

My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi there,

The first thing to try is a simple reboot. Tap the battery icon and select Restart. Does that help resolve the issue? If not, then it likely is a hardware related issue and I don't think reloading the software or anything similar will help. I would suggest contacting RIM directly for support for your PlayBook. You can get the contact info by going to http://blackberry.com/support. Select the PlayBook, then Contact Us to get the phone number for support for your country.

If you need to swap out your PlayBook for a different one, don't worry, all your settings can be saved. Just download the BlackBerry Desktop Software from http://blackberry.com/desktop and install to your computer. Then use that to back up the data on your BlackBerry PlayBook. When you get your new PlayBook, just restore the data from your backup and you'll be all set.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
FeeBledge

Hi, Ithanks for your reply. Yes,, the issue does remain after rebooting and I suspected it was a hardware problem. I will contact Support as you suggest. Thanks again.
New Contributor
FeeBledge

Thanks, will do.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

you can do a backup of the device using the BlackBerry Desktop Software. It will probably save part of your customizations.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

[ Edited ]

If a Playbook is to be sent for repair, especially with an RMA, it is important to back up data files by WiFi sharing as a desktop software backup  may not work if the unit is replaced with a refurb or new unit. 

Hi, thanks for your reply. I contacted BlackBerry Support who identified that the white line was caused by a hardware problem so they offered to repair or replace. I opted to take the PlayBook back to where it had been bought and they gave me a replacement straight away. I had backed up my data using the Destop Software and it restored perfectly on my new PlayBook, so will am very pleased with the outcome.

Thanks again 

New Contributor
FeeBledge

Thanks, I have managed to back up using the Desktop Software and I now have a new PlayBook so I am very pleased with the outcome.
Thanks for your reply.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

TexTucker wrote:

If a Playbook is to be sent for repair, especially with an RMA, it is important to back up data files by WiFi sharing as a desktop software backup  may not work if the unit is replaced with a refurb or new unit. 

I was wrong then. Apologies. Good to know it will restore to another PB.