Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
SusanEB
My Device: Blackberry Playbook RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Rogers

Receive error message on login to WIFI

I do hope someone can help.  I have had my Playbook for more than a year now and am only now starting to work with it!!!  I know, crazy.  A couple of months ago I didn't have a problem accessing the WIFI (we were in the US at the time) now back in Canada when I try to log on I get the following error message "Security/Certificate Error.  Please check you time/date settings and try again."  I have checked the time and date settings and they are all correct.  I performed the OS update in the hopes that this would solve the problem.  What next?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bonematrix
My Device: PlayBook, Z30
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: Receive error message on login to WIFI

If it's a saved WiFi connection, delete the entry in your PB and re-establish your wifi connection.

Alot of servers are updating their SSL services in response to heart bleed which can then result in your PB requesting authentication of some SSL certificates. In that scenario, accept the certificate and carry on :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SusanEB

Thank you so much "bonematrix".  That makes all kinds of sense since my e-mail locked up on me at the end of February and I finally called my provider who told me that this was exactly what they had done and they walked me through the fix. 

My only problem now is how do I delete my WIFI connections?  As you can tell I'm very new to all this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bonematrix

Rather than an explanation from me, find the Help icon amongst all your PB Application icons. Its an icon of a dark covered book with a question mark on it.

Launch Help then search on WiFi.

Follow the instructions for "Change, delete or reorder wifi networks". :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SusanEB

Hi "bonematrix" - thanks for your suggestion.  I found the Help icon but was unable to find "Change, delete or reorder wifi networks" under WiFi.  I called my internet provider because earlier in the year I had problems accessing my e-mail because they had changed some of the security settings.  They tell me that what is happening is not related to anything they did in this respect although they did check into it for me.  It seems you are absolutely my last resort.  I would so appreciate you providing me with the explanation of how to accomplish this.  I am desparate!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bonematrix

Well, have you searched Help. Using the criteria WiFi? 

Alternatively, access your PB settings, then WiFi, then select Saved Networks...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SusanEB

Well, bonematrix - you did it.  Everything seems to be working OK.  Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.