Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
RandyGray
My Device: PlayBook and Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hidden BRIDGE subfolder - attachments

I followed the process you described (think I did) to sort out how to save/find pictures sent via email (when I open pictures in email I can not find any way to save to Play Book) but when i got to the sd/card picture file it stated "There are no files that can be opened in this application."  Any ideas?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ozonation
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Let me get this right... you're opening up a picture attachment in mail within Bridge, but when you go the SD card on your phone, there are no pictures there? Or the pictures are there but they will not open?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RandyGray

Yes, I can open up the picture attachment in my message folder from my connection to my BB phone. But when I go to the SD card link there are No pictures. I am looking at the message now and it says "There are no files that can be opened in this application"

Specifically,  I have probably 6 emails on my PB that are being bridged from my Storm 2. I can open the picture under messages but have  no options to save. So I went to Bridge Files on my PB desktop. It gave me a choice between my PB and BB 9550. I tapped 9550 (Storm 2) which then lists 4 Files (BB, Music, slacker, You Mail). I tap on Black  Berry and  a bunch of files (audio books to voice notes). I then  tap on pictures and the message I wrote in first paragraph appears.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ozonation

I found that files opened in Bridge ended up on my phone's SD card in the documents under a subfolder called "Bridge" and further, you had to show Hidden Files to actually reveal them. Not sure if you've already checked this.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RandyGray

I had Tech Support on the phone. They walked me through it with confidence (and with their own Play Book). Then they got to the end and found out they could not do it either, after a long absence from the phone he came back and said it would be addressed in future updates. So, saving pictures via the bridge does not work. He suggested I transfer the photos from my computer via the hard link :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ewen
My Device: bold 9700/playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

hi Ozonztion, useful stuff, on the deleting files on bridge u say I presume on the PB in the 'phone' use the 'menu button' to show hidden files? I must be dumb but what menu button

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slr67
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: verizon

hey  this is a little off subject but, can anyone tell me how to cut an paste from word to go to a blog.  i figured out how to download my file from my dropbox account an how to select an copy but i cant paste to a different place (my wordpress blog)?  Any ideas? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

If I stand correct...  I believe the Playbook bridge mode is an extension of the Blackberry phone. This means all the actual action is really in the phone and not in the tablet. The tablet in the bridge mode is actually a sophisticated extension of the phone.

I found if I use the tether or WiFi mode, and access the email account directly as a remote user to the email provider such as Hotmail, or Google Mail, or the ISP Mail account, then the Playbook acts like a computer on its own such as if it was a laptop or PC.

In using direct access email accounts I have not yet tried to download and save attachments. I would guess this should be possible using the built in memory card in the playbook as if it was a hard drive.

The big thing I like about the Playbook is it can fit in to my jacket pocket, and I can carry it around with me. I can brows the net, do my emails, and naturally remotely do my business work.

I would like to see RIM come out with a good quality email program for the Playbook. This would be of great help for everyone who wants to have direct local access to their emails. 

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
recksters

Re: Receiving, opening, saving attachments WARNING long post

I understand you, but I also hope they will improve the Attachments functionality.

One thing that I find very annoying is that when I want to save an attachment to my Playbook, I have to type in the name each time. Why can't it just simply use the same name and allow us to edit it?

Also, a problem is that I cannot download, save, view attachments that are in a Calendar entry.

Please use plain text.