Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
demonpulse
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32Gig

Re: Red light to 5 green(yellow?) blinking lights

yes the blinking green light means that your playbook is charging
feghalii
My Device: blackberry table 16 gb

I was having the same problem and as i was speaking to the tech support, it miraculously worked again...

but the technician mentioned that i had to do a "stat charge", basicly plug i to the wall charger for 2 mins and then take out and wait 30 seconds(repeat that processes 10 times), and after it turns on charge it for 8 hours..

it's  a mission but give it a try..

New Contributor
pandamo1
My Device: blackberry playbook tablet

Try plugging it in your computer and wait for your computer to recognize the playbook. After you get the red and blinking yellow lights disconnect it from the computer. Then, plug it into a wall outlet to charge. The screen should light up eventually and you should see it charging again.Keep it plugged in for maybe 3 hours. If the screen does not appear just wait until you get the solid green light before unplugging and turning on. 

New Contributor
pandamo1

Nope, those cords are the only ones made specially for your device. just kidding...
Sure you can buy them from blackberry or anywhere else on the web.
New Contributor
pandamo1

No way this solution is necessary.
New Contributor
Tartek67
My Device: Torch 9800 and Playbook 16G

The SOLUTION!

I have a 16 gig I use nonstop, and my wife has 32 gig. We purchased both December Xmas 2011.

Last night she picked up her playbook and had to press thebpower button because it had shut off on its own. She entered her password and she wasn't using it more than a few seconds and it started dinging that the battery was low so she plugged it in. Approx 6 pm. I came home at 2 am from a double shift and needed to charge mine for a while and I noted the red light pulsing that it was charging both when I disconnected it and when I reconnected it 1 hour later when I went to bed. We got up at 7 am and she tried to wake it up via button and screen and no go!

I plugged it into the charger repeatedly and at first the red light came on the simply went out and there was no response from the PB. So I took it to work with me because I have the 7 Amp rapid dock charger there for my major usage. 

What I did!

I plugged it into my hip street 2 amp car charger repeatedly on the way to work and then I saw the 5 green/ yellow lights of death!  I immediately searched and found this thread, and I couldn't believe what you were all saying I had to go through.  So at work I plugged it into the 7 amp charger.  At first the red light pulsed every minute then eventually stopped and absolutely no response to power button.  So I put it back on the charger for an hour ( this charger will charge in 2 - 3 hours from low battery).  The red light wasn't pulsing so I pressed power while it was on the dock and a big battery symbol appeared red with a lightning bolt through it. I left it for another hour .... No change. So I took it off the charger and unplugged and replugged in the charger then put on the PB and the red light came on and started pulsing normally so I let it charge for almost an hour on tried the power button again and it booted!!!!!

What a scare! So then it charged to full in 2 hours and works normally.

Hope this saves someone some trouble.

Tarteksystems.com

Konvict60
My Device: Blackberry playbook

I figured it out!!! After a couple hours of reading other people's problems and finding solutions that did no good for me, I decided to just mess with it my self, then I got it to start charging, all you do is plug your charger in, wait for the little red light to disappear then unplug it and plug it back in, just repeat this like 6 times then on the 7th one plug it in and wait a couple seconds, you should see a battery dead sign, just wait and it'll go away and start charging, if this doesn't work for you try this, there is a little piece in the charging port right in the middle, it may be unlabeled, get a tiny object that fits and level it yourself
shean8
My Device: playbook

I have the same issues, I have tried all the chargers available and have had no luck.

I am trying to locate information abiut replacing the battery myself and if this will fix this issue.

does anyone know anything about this?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Place playbook on a table with power cord plugged in

place a pencil under the cord near the plug (not under the plug) to lift it up slightly and leave plugged in for a few hours

if this works then the charger plug is worn out or damaged

My kids have wrecked 3 of them already and thought the tablet was broken.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

shean8 wrote:

I have the same issues, I have tried all the chargers available and have had no luck.

I am trying to locate information abiut replacing the battery myself and if this will fix this issue.

does anyone know anything about this?

If you look for a playbook teardown like  http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/BlackBerry+PlayBook+Teardown/5265/1 you will see just what a daunting task that is.