Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Red light to 5 green(yellow?) blinking lights

Background:
when i first opened my tablet, it would not power on, jsut a red light and then 5 blinking green, but possibly yellow depending on the angle, lights.  Then randomly it just turned on, and i set it up and updated etc.

The first day i used it a lot downloading things and whatnot, and got it to 27% battery, and went to charge it overnight. 

When i woke up it was at 23% even though it was plugged in all night.

I charged it at my work again, and it went down to 22%. So i rebooted it, and the charge looked like it was working.  It got up to 100%, i unplugged it from the wall, and it shut right off.

Now it will not turn back on at all, does the same red light to 5 blinking green lights.  Nothing is working.

I have tried the following:

Connecting to my pc

--also tried updating

Multiple plug outlets

Holding power button for 10+ seconds

--as well as holding it with the volume buttons

screaming at it...

Also there are no lights when i try and power it on when not plugged in so the wall charger/usb charger must be doing something,....dont know what to do...

TL; DR; 

Red light to 5 blinking green lights, will not boot up tried basically everything to get it to turn on.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 & Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Red light to 5 green(yellow?) blinking lights

Mine does exactly the same thing.  A call to support was escalated to 2nd level support and was no help at all.  If the hardware reset with power and volume keys does not resolve the issue, then your hooped and they can offer no other advice, other than return it and get a new one.  I'm thinking return it and get my money back might be the better option.

So if you go away for a month, and your Playbook drains 100% of the battery while you are away, how do you charge it?  Hello, Rim, anyone listening?

New Developer
My Device: Playbook

So I was just on the phone for about 2 and a half hours with support, both level 1 and level 2 support, and they walked me through all the steps  I've already done, and mentioned I already did including watching me on webex dowload the entire update over again, as it fails to do anything when the device wont power on.

In the end they are just sending me a new one, and I am sending my unit back to them .

They said the 5 green blinking lights means a failed bootloader issue, which they cant help with over the phone.

So basically if you have this issue you're only help is a new one, but only after a long painful process that you may or may not actually have time for? So perhaps just returning to the store is easier.

On the plus they work on saturdays...

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

Hi,

When you get the Red Light and then flashing green light it normally indicates that the battery is dead flat.  When this happens you MUST connect your device to the charger that was supplied with the PlayBook (it supplies more power than a standard BB charger) and then the device will automatically power up when ready.  If you try and use a USB or standard BlackBerry charger it MAY NOT power up correctly.

Thanks,

Gary

www.blackberryforums.com.au
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 & Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

So if the battery is "dead flat", what is powering the blinking lights????

I left mine plugged into the original PB charger for at least 24 hours, did not help.

My Device: torch 9800 and playbook
My Carrier: rogers

I was having the same problem when my battery went flat on a recent trip to England.  Tried my usual charger but had to plug it into a converter to allow my North American plug to connect to a British outlet.  Playbook wouldn't charge.  When I tried a charger with a real British plug it started charging right away.

My Device: play book rdj21ww

Im going to buy another charger, hope your not lieing
My Device: play book rdj21ww

I'm going to Best Buy to buy another charger, hope this works. Blackberry im starting to unbecome a fan.

Please work.

Visitor
My Device: Playbook / 1343 9992 0943
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi

I bought a PB, 2 weeks ago. When I powered it on an hour ago, I found that it was displaying the red light followed with 5 green lights. After I started to charge it, I am finding that the green light is blinking continously. 

Is the PB charging ?

TIA.

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: ATT

ok, our power chords(my mother and i have one) got chewed up by our dog, could we get replacement ones?