Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Al_Playbook
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Remote control a playbook from a pc?

My 90 year old grandmother calls me daily to come over and do/fix something on her playbook.  Is there a way I could access her playbook remotely (perhaps even by installing a pc in her home and connecting it to her playbook) so that I could remotely access her playbook from my pc in my home?

Thanks, Al

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Remote control a playbook from a pc?

I think the problem is not the PlayBook. You grandmother loves you and just wants you to visit her more often and so you should. She won't be around too much longer, however she must be pretty sharp to be able to keep up with the new technology at her age.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
keithpresley
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: None

Re: Remote control a playbook from a pc?

Not very helpful Lost_At_Sea
This is a technical forum is it?

***Al_Playbook***
did you find anything in the end?
if so, what was it?

New to the world of BB and playbooks myself
There is a Android app called MyMobiler
never got around to using it with any Andoid device (as you need to root them), but I used the Windows version all the time at work, lets you remote control the device from a window on your PC and while we tend to use it with a usb cable for testing and development, there is also a wireless componet to it, which we can connect through our wireless access point,
though wil this solution from your home PC you may need to have the device sync to your PC first after which you'll probably need to VPN to the network so it looks local to the Gran's network. Either that or get her to sync it to her PC via USB or wireless and logmein/gotomypc to her PC.
It does require windows active/mobile device centre to be installed for the windows version, not sure what the Andoid/BB verison of the maybe or whether you can cross platform the andoid app to BB/playbook?
Believe it's development by an enthusiast or group of them, so they may be up for producing a playbook version, if it's not to hard from the andoid version.
hopefully this may give you something to go on, if you haven't found anything else.
cheers,
Keith.
www.mymobiler.com
Please use plain text.