Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ScoutMomAng
My Device: Playbook 16 GB

Repairs for playbook

I recently acquired a Blackberry playbooks from work. It used to be the display model but it is suppose to also be fully functioning. The charger is broken..literally...and I think the port where the charger plugs in to the playbooks is broken. Where can I get a new charger and where can I go to get the port repaired? Thanks Angelina
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jimlad
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: i am carrying it duh! ;)

Re: Repairs for playbook

charger > link <

:smileywink:

If the usb slot is broken for sure then i would consider just finding a docking station to do the charging (it uses the three pin connection), my guess is a repair would cost a lot more but get both options priced up.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ScoutMomAng

Thank you Very MUCH...I just hope it all works out because it will be so awesome for my husband to have this playbook to be able to do his school work while he is on his lunch breaks at work.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ScoutMomAng

And where do I find this docking station?  And how do I go about finding a technician to give me a price quote on repairing the usb slot? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

If I were you I would give RIM a call to have the device replace, has it is a defective one, without the USB port working, you will never be able to do a backup of the device, and mybe even more thing using the USB port when OS2 is released, and Desktop Manager ver. 7 is out as well
---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.