Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Replicating full Battery Discharge and Stack Charging

After reading many posts on this forum and others about dead playbooks and stack charging, I decided to try to kill my battery on my "spare" playbook to then try the various stack charging suggestions.  (So call me unusual, but I already know that!).  I thought that if full battery drain ever did happen to my pb, I would have some practice in restoring it.

Long and the short, after repeated efforts to completely drain the battery, I was never able to get it to not start to boot, and shut itself down even at 0% for several hours.

People must be really trying hard to drain their batteries....by leaving it for weeks on end without use or charging?

I gave up and charged it normally.  I will have to try again someday when I have nothing else to do. I love my pb's so much I can't leave them without use for long.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Replicating full Battery Discharge and Stack Charging

My son did run a lot of various gaming apps and then try to power down. In complete darkness you will see screen lit up but not powered down thus killing the battery over night.

I was unable to reproduce it but it did happen a few times in the summer but not since the latest OS update.

one time battery was so low that after a few days I gave up and opened it up to take a peek inside and had to jump start it back to life

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Jump-start-a-PlayBook-a-knottyrope-tip/m-...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

I have never managed to flatten a battery.  If the wife surfs the online shops til it shuts itself down  it even turns its own wifi off to save remaining power. 

My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

[ Edited ]

Knotty....Yes thanks, I have read your jump start info in the past and love the info. Being somewhat of an electronics geek, I would love to open it up, but need it to fail first...:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.