Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Blakeroberts
My Device: Blackberry 9300

Rim failed to deliver lessage on the Bridge feature in its marketing setting itself up for criticism

While I am having MAJOR frustration over the way files are moved from my PC to my playbook. (see below, hopefully a fix is coming pronto)...

But I did feel more of an appreciation for the playbook while talking to tech support about the above issue

While talking to a helpful lady on tech support she explained WHY the playbook only really functions to its highest level when bridged with your blackberry. As the tech support lady pointed out, its all about the security. No one can see your important files on your playbook unless they also have your Blackberry.

I dont recall ever seeing ads where BB promoted this as a true security feature. It comes off as being a weakness in the playbook, while if it had been marketed better it should cause people to rush out and buy a blackberry phone if they dont already have one to use with their new playbook.

Just an observation

New Contributor
Justin_Thomson
My Device: Playbook

Re: Rim failed to deliver lessage on the Bridge feature in its marketing setting itself up for criticism

[ Edited ]

BB phones are known internationally for their security.

Trusted Contributor
MrSimmonsSr
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook

Re: Rim failed to deliver lessage on the Bridge feature in its marketing setting itself up for criticism

I'm not sure that I saw it in an ad campaign, but it was certainly discussed extensively at the various trade shows where RIM executives discussed the relationship between the Playbook and the bridged smartphone..