Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

FondOfFlash
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: At&t

Rub Lack of Flash Support in Apples saucy face!

Hi,

As a Flash developer I would like to see you guys do a better job of trumpeting the Flash support in your PlayBook.  The ads that I've seen, so far only mention it in passing as a kind of BTW near the end of the feature list.  It needs to be more like an FYI!  Also, please don't make the mistake of assuming that everyone knows what Flash is, and which of their favorite sites rely on Flash!

If I were marketing the Playbook I would have two people comparing their Tablets, one with an iPad and one with a Playbook.  The conversation would go something like this:

"Check out this really cool website... ooo...bummer, it doesn't work on your iPad because it's Flash based.  How about this one...no?  Too, bad...This one?  How about this one?..."

Steve

Please use plain text.
Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Rub Lack of Flash Support in Apples saucy face!

Wrong forum.

This is a peer support forum - RIM employees do not officially monitor this place. I suggest that you send your ideas to BlackBerry Marketing directly..

If you have some great ideas for apps, why not tune into the one of the developers' formums e.g. this one "Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR.

Click the link above.

Please use plain text.