Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

azhang
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: I talk bb

Rubber lining coming off...!

The playbook's rubber lining is coming off at the speakers. The plastic stretched somehow and I can't get it to go back in now. Can I just rip the whole rubber lining off? It's really bothering me. I've also tried super glue, which wasn't too super. And what's the cost of getting blackberry to fix it for me? the best course of action, please.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Rubber lining coming off...!

does this  teardown help identify how it's fixed in?

fsm
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Not sure super glue would work well on a porous material, but you may wish to consider either a silicone cover (very cheap on eBay) or the real Blackberry convertible case which basically covers the back and edges (third party ones I've seen do not). This way if you cant fix it, you can at least cover it up.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbcaresno
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: None

fsm wrote:
Not sure super glue would work well on a porous material, but you may wish to consider either a silicone cover (very cheap on eBay) or the real Blackberry convertible case which basically covers the back and edges (third party ones I've seen do not). This way if you cant fix it, you can at least cover it up.

I think it should be fixed by manufacturerer. It should not cost them a lot.

If not I think best solution is to never buy a BB product. There are many better products on market.

Please use plain text.