Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
EagledPar4
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

SKYPE on Playbook

I Just Got My Playbook Delivered and the first thing I wanted to do was to get on Skype.  Some techie out there posted something online and I tried it out.  It works!

Both the sender and the recipient MUST login in through IMO.  There doesn't seem to be any issues after that as IMO is some utility that someone has put together for a lot of sites like Facebook and Skype and it works like a charm.

The link is:

https://imo.im/

Remember if both sides don't go through IMO you can't get video chat.  If the initiator of the call (you) uses IMO, the recipient should still get the ring through their regular Skype logon, but will only have audio and won't be able to do video with you

Have fun!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Larry8765Ottawa
My Device: PlayBook

Re: SKYPE on Playbook

Repeat....

the PB is great but missing - Skype

Many companies have failed by focusing on the supply and not the demand.

Over 20 years ago, on a flight to the Maritimes, I sat beside a fellow in the grocery business who said that a Canadian grocery chain recently, at that time, went belly up because they got great low costs agreements with suppliers. As an example, they went only with Pepsi (or Coke - can't remember the specifics) at a very low price.
So, those who wanted Coke (or Pepsi) got P___ off and stopped shopping there

It's a no-brainer - The demand for Skype is there

RIM had better pay attention

----------
Recent post at CrackBerry

I work at a retail store and every person that's about to buy the PB asks if it has skype, once they figure out it doesn't yet, they sort of move on. Some do buy, but that's because I push the PB.

Please use plain text.