Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
nazisareeverywhere
My Carrier: telus

SLOW! Unusably slow!

My Playbook is so slow that I never use it anymore.  It can take two minutes to bring up a web site, while my MacBook, sitting right next to it  subscribing to the same WiFi connection will have the page up in a few seconds.

Also the only thing useful about Blackberry, the stupid Overdrive book reader, has gone south. Worked fine until this morning when it gave me some gobbledegook message about a calendar and some other uselessly cryptic message and died on the spot.

Attempts to reinstall it through Blackberry World seem to work fine until up pops another useless message saying something about an Error, and invites me to try again.

I will try again-- with an iPad when I get the money. Obviously Blackberry is hopelessly inadequate.

Meantime is there any way to reinstall the whole pile of software? I've done nothing with this piece of junk since I got it-- no games, no apps, nothing but that horrible Overdrive piece of garbage.

Sorry for my tone on this message. I hate dealing with garbage that doesn't do what it's supposed to.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret

Re: SLOW! Unusably slow!

Hey nazisareeverywhere,

Thanks for the post.

You can re-install the PlayBook software by following the steps below:

1. Open BlackBerry Link.
  2. Ensure the computer is connected to the Internet.
  3. Power off the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
  4. Connect the device to the computer.
  5. Click the device name when it is displayed at the bottom of the BlackBerry Link window.
  6. Click the Reload button.

Let me know if the performance issues still occur when the reload is completed.  Also try to backup any data prior to starting the reload as it will erase all data and applications.

If you have any more questions please let me know.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: SLOW! Unusably slow!

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.