Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
giannis6
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

SOS - I missed all

Hi,

I made a terrible mistake.I would like to bring my tablet to factorial regulations.So, I choose from ''Security'' and then ''Security wipe''. After that .... the  destruction! I lost it all and the only icon in the table is the browser.Can help me anyone If I can bring back apps etc? Does anyone know how can I download app world and whatever more that tablet has? Pleaseeee help me!!!:Sweatdrop:

Contributor
giannis6

Re: SOS - I missed all

I thought that I will lost all my data that I downloaded.Not whatever that tablet has.There is not the also the camera icon!!!Just an empty desktop

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

The Security Wipe which you did wipes off all files that you installed on your Playbook. ( Should have read the User Guide available on this forum) This includes all music, photos, documents, settings and Apps.
If you did not back up the files to your computer, you are up the creek. There is no way to recover the files. This is by design. The PlayBook is all about Information Security. What you will have to do now is start from scratch. Tap the White Gear Icon in the top right corner, Tap software update, tap Check for Updates. Make sure you are connected to your charger when you do this. If it updates the OS, you should be able to go to the App Store and reinstall all your Apps. If this does not work, contacts us again.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

try to update your device using desktop manager. not having a camera icon is not normal. Are you on the 2.1 beta by anychance?

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Contributor
giannis6

I sovle it through BB desktop manager as you said!!!Thank you very much