Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
baiiba97
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

SYNC PHOTOS FROM BLACKBERRY TABLET TO LAPTOP

Hi Everyone.. I installed the software that sync files from my tablet to laptop. When i connacted, it asked me to enter a password to use the software.. What password do I have to enter it?!  It asks for a device password? What is it? Sorry I'm only getting use to my new tablet.. Thanks!

Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: SYNC PHOTOS FROM BLACKBERRY TABLET TO LAPTOP

What is the software name??

New Contributor
baiiba97
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

The software that i installed is called: Blackberry Desktop software
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

The best way I find for transferring photos and music is to do it through Windows Explorer. I have XP Pro and when I go into Explorer it shows the PlayBook as a Drive. When I click on Media, it opens and shows all the media directories. All your PlayBook pictures are in the camera directory. You just drag them from the PlayBook to a directory on your computer. I think it is faster and safer.
When you connect via Desktop Manager you have to be careful. Sometimes the DM will tell you an upgrade is available and before you know what is going on, it is updating the OS resulting in the loss of all your pictures and music as well as all other files. So be very careful when using it. This is why I prefer using the drag method to move my media.