Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 7709265701

SaViNg Apps for Security Wipes

i have performed a backup, then did a wipe but I saw no way to save and restore specific Apps. I just had to restore it to the same state it was in before. This did not solve my problem of receiving a nagging notification from a deleted app.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: SaViNg Apps for Security Wipes

[ Edited ]

Wipe.

Restore media only.

Reinstall apps for free from app world (My world, Uninstalled list)

Re sideload android apps

Add back email accounts.

My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You can't backup/restore apps.  You have to reinstall them if you do a wipe.

I recommend doing a complete OS reload rather than a wipe.  Here's the instructions:

First do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see an error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

When you do a Backup, choose "Custom". This will give you three choices of items to backup: 1. Media 2. Settings 3. Application Data.
All your App Data can be backed up to Application Data on the BB Desktop Software. This will save your game data if you do not want to restart the games all over again.
When you reinstall the APPS, you do a restore of Application Data to get all your game data back.
This should have no bearing on the Notification message you are receiving.
Forums Veteran I

...unless the app data is causing the notification. 

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

FYI

I backed up all myAps, wiped, restored and most were fine. Some were glitchy and I did a second wipe in the end.

I hope BB10 will fix these issues.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

This isn't officially supported here but I'd strongly look into BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) http://bbsak.org/ and learn how to use it. It's VERY powerful and if you're not careful, you can screw up your device but it has saved my bacon several times.

Features: http://bbsak.org/features.php

It backs up and restores 3rd party apps. Oh, and donate to those guys if it saves your behind. They deserve support too.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 7709265701

The offending app is "Awful", the app for using on the Something Awful forum. Even after deleting the app I still get the notification that a download was unsucessful. It shows the same date of my original use of the app.

Anyone know of other bad experiences with this app?

Forums Veteran I

That's. Why I said...

Wipe.

Restore media only.

Reinstall apps for free from app world (My world, Uninstalled list)

Re sideload android apps

Add back email accounts.