Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
ponowai
My Device: 9530/64G playbook
Accepted Solution

Sad browser

Is RIM doing anything to fix the browser from crashing?

My main use of my tablet is Internet access while away from my computer. It is very annoying having a browser that shuts down ALL THE TIME.

I can see why a lot of people are getting upset, the playbook has been a big disappointment. 

It's pretty bad when a basic function isn't up to par with cheaper tablets and third party applications. 

After waiting months for the 2.0 upgrade, one would think RIM would've perfected it prior to release. 

Well, if they didn't forsee a problem, they must at least be aware of it now. The longer it takes RIM to fix it, the more customers will they will lose. 

BTW, a three button reset and clearing the cache is not a fix.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Sad browser

have you tried os 2.0.1 yet?

lots of fixes to browser

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
jkimchi
My Device: Playbook 16Gb; Berry BOLD 9780

[ Edited ]

The update to OS2 should help termendously.

However. Ill have to completely disagree with the PBook coming with a 'sad browser'.

Strike me in for the PBook being a fine tooI. Ive had NO issues what so ever (but count me in as an expert 'ab'user of numerous computing and tablet platforms). 

I have used the playbook extensively both for busines, home and travel use. IT HAS BEEN FLAWLESS (for example, tapping into cbc.ca/sports NHL playoffs on the PBook has been a tremendous benefit, including micro hdmi hook up to slash it on a 50 inch plasma).... 

(I trashed my ipad since it would not and never will support flash straight up.  // RIM Canada, I have hope, will over come the onslaught from our american apple overlords... as for fighting the good fight against samsung/android, RIM has hopelessly lost the battle   :smileysad:IMO )

To go where no berry has gone before....

http://zerogpuddle.blogspot.com/
Contributor
romevsf
My Device: playbook

it is not true that browser crashing all the time. i use my playbook everyday. browser is fast and no issues. any specific sites? please list the sites where it crashes?

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

I have had no problems in 8 months. After today's upgrade I find mine runs faster. The browser has been very good so far. My wifi has not been a problem and Print to Go also works great. Fantastic piece of Technology.
Contributor
ponowai

Thank you, I wasn't aware of 2.0.1 

I'll get it now.  

I never had problems with the browser until the 2.0 update. 

Contributor
ponowai

Thank you, I will update os2 to 2.0.1

Contributor
romevsf
My Device: playbook

Crashes on me everyone I use man.com as home Page. Did not do it before 2.0.1.358 upgrade

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

I just went to www.man.com without problems. Tap the Gear on your browser page and check your settings.
Contributor
ponowai

I'm glad your browser works but just because yours works doesn't mean everyone works. 

Yes it is true mine crashes every day and it doesn't matter what site I'm on. It just crashed again while writing this message. I never had problems with the browser until 2.0 

Thanks to other users who offered solutions I now know about 2.0.1