Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650 + Playbook

Saving Files

Hello

How can I save the e-mail attachments that I receive to my Playbook such as Word, PDF or Excel forms

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Saving Files

by what means do you receive them?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thank you Xandrex for your help

I receive them as attachments on my emails such as PDF file Excel file or Word doc files or sometimes pictures. I am in Real Estate business.

New Contributor

Xandrex,

Maybe I didn't understand you when you ask by what means I receive them. They bounce from my main computer at the office Microsoft Outlook it comes to my Blackberry Bold and also to my new playbook so some of the attachments I like to save them on my Playbook. Of course when I am in the office I can connect to my computer and download these. 

Thank you

Varouj

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello Varoujan,

let me rephrase:
you are using a Bridge between your BlackBerry smartphone and your PlayBook.

From your PlayBook, you enjoy reading your emails and opening the attachments from those emails.

You would like to be able to save those attached files to your PlayBook, so you can open them without using the smartphone.

This feature is currently not available.

(And my personal opinion is that it never will because it would defeat the purpose of the PlayBook security.).
Your solution can be to use a DropBox application, of share using Wi-Fi from your computer, or use a USB cord, or send those files by email and use a webmail on the PlayBook.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Open the email. example the file name is test.doc. tap the test.doc it will open the file in word to go. swipe the top bezel down and save as name it with the correct file extension.
I don't think the run around as to "by what means do you receive them?" needs to be asked
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

Hi Xandrex

I got it thank you for all your help.