Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
iHealy
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 / Blackberry Playbook

Screen Problems :(

At first I thought it was a watermark but I realised it was the blackberry playbook logo which comes up on startup ... its constantly there whenin apps and playing videos ... but every app I go on it keeps that too in the background, 

Its so annoying seeing it in the background constantly ... I was wondering if anyon else has had this problem and how can I fix it if possible :smileysad: 

Trusted Contributor
dc-it
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note

Re: Screen Problems :(

It should not remain in the background once you start using the PB.

For example if you are on the Internet like here in the Forum with a White background it should be clear without the faint image of the BB Logo.

You should contact RIM Tech Support.

DC-IT
New Contributor
iHealy

Thanks, it seems the more apps you go on the more jumbeled the watermarks get ... can see all of the app pictures feintly.

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Did you try a 3 button reset.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
iHealy

Just did the 3 button reset and it hasnt worked ... my little sister has played some colouring in app so now theres a big dinosaur in the background :Dots:

Also just done a security wipe because dont know how to restore to factory setting and its still the same despite there being no apps on there now.

How do I contact RIM support?

Trusted Contributor
dc-it
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note

Here's the link to RIM Tech Support and PlayBook Warranty:

http://us.blackberry.com/legal/playbook/limited-warranty.jsp

Good Luck

DC-IT
New Contributor
mnelson104
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook 64GB

Sorry to revive a old thread but this is exactly what is happening to me.  When I first got it, the screen was fine but then one day I noticed all the app icons left a "ghost" image.  The worst is when the PlayBook boots up and the logo stays there.  I will be contacting tech support but before I do, what is the three button reset?  I have restored the unit to the factory conditions and it still had the image retention.  Is the three button reset any better at potentially fixing the screen issue?