Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
jeffgedgaud
My Device: Playbook

Screen Time Out

PlayBook times out, continues to act like a stupid product with the screen timeout only being able to go up to five minutes. Blackerry, please add this as an option, Never Time Out when plugged in. 

I went to update to newest 1314 update and the stupid thing went to sleep on me again, you said you were going to add this as an option now please do it.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Screen Time Out

BlackBerry is a brand, RIM is the company that owns the Brand.

I would like the screen not to time out as well. but there is an app that can help  White Noise will keep it on.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jeffgedgaud

I do not need a lecture on the difference between brand and company, and I certainly do not need an app to do something that should be a setting in the OS. Any argument about using an app to keep the thing awake is stupid, screen timeout choices should be in basic settings of the device. 

Can you imagine a work laptop that goes to sleep evry five minutes unless an app specifically keeps it awake, that is exactly what I m talking about.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

jeffgedgaud wrote:

...screen timeout choices should be in basic settings of the device. 

Well tell RIM not us.

RIM don't come here - ain't nobody here but us chickens. 

Sorry, I have told RIM, thought they might visit their own forums from time to time.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

[ Edited ]

jeffgedgaud wrote:

Sorry, I have told RIM, thought they might visit their own forums from time to time.

As no timeout and skype have been demanded by Users since day1, it seems not.

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

RIM is aware of the users needs

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook-2-0-Insider/bd-p/PBEvent

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.