Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
mocho
My Device: Playbook

Screen is acting up when unit is warm ?

Had my PB charging the other night and something must have turned it on such that it was warm to the touch. When I turned it on it had hundreds of small verticle lines all across the screen? Did a reboot, etc. but the lines where still there, however they did fade a bit.

Left the machine sit on the desk turned off and started it the next day and the screen worked fine?

Anyone else having this issue?

TIA

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Screen is acting up when unit is warm ?

There have been a few people who reported the same. I have had it happen quite some time ago, over a year. I did a reboot, it was fine afterwards. It has not occurred since.
Contributor
mocho

Thanks for the reply.

I was a bit concerned as the warranty period is up in a couple of weeks and I wanted to see if it was an issue with others.

It appears to me to be a heat related issue, some component doesn't like it.

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

Are you still having the problem with the lines?
Contributor
mocho

No, it's working just fine! But I have not had it on long enough to really heat it up.

In my situation the PB was in a totally enclosed case, so it had no cooling. Wish I knew why it sometimes just turns itself on and stay's on with the screen all lit up?