Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Vadi
My Device: 9630

Screen not auto dimming correctly

I started to have an issue when the playbook auto dims the screen goes to a very light black/ dark greyish screen when i turn it back on the screen is really dark and the screen is not normal. I have to turn off the PB by pushing the power button then turning it back on to correct issue.  anyone know how to fix this annoying issue?

I use my playbook for work all day long so i use word and excell 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Screen not auto dimming correctly

Try the three button reset. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute. Then hold down the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait until the PB REBOOTS which will take about 4 minutes. Report back.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vadi
My Device: 9630

Unfortunitly this did nt solve the issue. I found the root cause and it is caused from the screen it self. If u sit it down the screen messes up and if u hit the power button off and on the issue will be fixed. I believe that the screen is defective. I been trying to figure out how to contact customer service but the webpage takes u in circles and is helpless.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Try putting your thumb over the LED. If it does it then, it is the auto dim which can be turned off in settings.

It is designed to dim the screen when indoors or at night to reduce glare, but it is all or nothing and often dims at an inopportune time. Try it, it's. Settings, Screen.

My Device: 9360

any other suggestions ? am having same problem and not able to resolve it

Please use plain text.