Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Play Pal

Screen virtually not responsive to touch

My PlayBook is approx a week with the 2.0 software.  Screen suddenly does not repsond.  PB was working 100% prior to placingon an overnight charge.  Assistance ?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Re: Screen virtually not responsive to touch

Try a cold boot by holding down Vol-, Vol+ and the power button until the device resets. Also, if you are using a screen protector, try removing it.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor

Screen protector was removed. Reboot suggested did not assist with correcting the problem.
Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

Are you saying that you nothing at all responds to touch? Do you have surge protectors installed in your house?

Thats weird. Never heard of this issue before. 

Keep us posted if you get it fixed!
:Balloon: 

New Contributor

Do not  comprehend what surge protectors would have to do with no screen response, but to answer the question, no.   After rebooting, with some difficulltyy can swipe with some difficulty to an incon screen, but that is it as, touch functions do not respond other than scrolling and cannot shrink to escape..