Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

salah9292
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: orange

Security wipe , no icons , can't update or connect to desktop manager

got a used playbook , did a security wipe , no icons , update fails at 99% of part 2 , can't connect to pc and desktop manager !

i donnow what to do

Please use plain text.
Contributor
linmanie
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Security wipe , no icons , can't update or connect to desktop manager

The exact same issue just happened to me today. Spent 3 hours on the phone with Blackberry Tech Support, Apparently there is a known issue with the Blackberry Link, and Desktop Software where the update process when reloading your Software for the playbook. The agent suggested a workaround to me that didn't work, but it's worth a try. First you'll need to have the device on, and not plugged into any computers. Try removing all icons from the screen, for me this was removing the internet browser, and setup icons. ONce they're gone shut down the device and leave it off for up to 5 minutes, then try turning the device on again. If it works the icons will be back with all your usual default icons for the blackberry OS.

Since the issue is known by Blackberry I was informed that a fix for Blackberry Link is being released to resolve this issue. Once the update for the link software is out you can try reloading the software again.

Please use plain text.