Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
londonpride
My Device: Blackberry 9900
Accepted Solution

Sending Photos from Blackberry 9320 to Blackberry Playbook

Good afternoon,

I wonder if someone could assist me in my plight?

I have previously submitted this thread however to the wrong section! (Blackberry Curve.) thus the reason behind the duplication as I had no response.

My wife has the above two items which she has bridged together, sadly there appears to be no option to send photographs taken by the phones camera to the playbook. Is this possible and if so could you please advise?

(I know I can download the pictures to my laptop from the mobile then connect the BB Playbook to the laptop to put them on the Playbook and that I can view the photos on the Playbook when bridged, but can see no option to download them to the playbook)

I have considered as a last option uploading to my cloud storage from the phone then re downloading to the Playbook, but ideally it would be easier just to 'send' the pictures from the phone to the Playbook.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards.

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Re: Sending Photos from Blackberry 9320 to Blackberry Playbook

There are a number of ways, but they are all 'workarounds' - there's no straight answer.

I can recommend an App called 'Files and Folders'. It costs a couple of £, but it allows you to access files on your BlackBerry while bridged, and copy them over to your PlayBook.

Alternatively, the easiest way is to just plug both your PlayBook and BlackBerry into a PC and copy the files over that way.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
londonpride

Thank you for your prompt reply and suggestions

I thought this may have been a difficult task when the option did not appear when we bridged the two devices.

Our intention was to take the playbook and bb phone on holiday, take pictures on the phone then store them on the bb playbook. (When we went on holiday in July we carried the playbook around with us and took photos with the same, obviously carrying a phone is much easier.)

I have just taken a picture and sent it to my cloud storage then went online with the playbook and downloaded the same which appears to work fine.

I feel for the odd picture this may work fine however, for bulk I agree with yourself and the laptop connection could be the best choice.

I'll have a look at the suggested app and see if this is an additional option.

Thank you very much for your input.

Regards.

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

No worries.

Files and Folders has a 3 day trial - so it's worth having a play with.

But bear in mind - copying a lot of files over Bluetooth is slooooooooooooooooow anyway, so probably wouldn't be the most ideal method by any stretch for a large number of photos.

Enjoy your holiday! :smileyhappy:

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
londonpride

Thank you, I checked the BlackBerry App World and viewed your suggestion. It does as you say give an option to buy and a second to try. My wife is currently Facebooking at the moment, but once free I'll try it out.
Regards.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Files & Folders can do that for most BB users, as long as you're not on BES. It also has a handy thumbnail view, and can copy multiple files. Take the trial version for a spin to see how it works for you.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Trusted Contributor
londonpride

Trusted Contributor
londonpride

Thank you Innovatology for your reply we will be trying it out. (not on BES)
Thank you.
Regards.
Trusted Contributor
londonpride

Thank you for all your replies.

I have tried the software suggested on the three day trial however, for our personal use as shown above it maybe not for us at this time.

For the odd photo we can send to our cloud storage then download to the Playbook as and when we like. For any larger amount connecting to the laptop on our arrival home seems the best choice. (When on holiday)

Thank you for making us aware of this app as it maybe something when our skills/needs require in the future.