Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm II - Playbook 2.1
My Carrier: Verizon

Setting up POP email on the Playbook - FAIL

Hi All,

Okay, I’ve tried every trick, method and suggestion I can think of short of using some magical concoction.

How the heck can I get my POP email to work on my new Playbook? Otherwise what’s the point, I’ll just to send it back. Hey, apps are nice and fun but this thing has to do some work to earn it’s keep, at least a little bit.

I’ve been setting up email on devices for years with little to no problems. My Storm II does just fine, my daughter's iPad, no problem, laptops, office PC’s not an issue but my great new Playbook won’t let it happen no matter what I try. What's up with that?

Why should it be so problematic? It makes no sense to me.

Bridging is fine until I move the PB too far from my phone and of course I can go to the AT&T/Yahoo and Hotmail websites but that’s a hassle unless I’m on someone else’s PC.

I’ve got solid WiFi throughout my home and office and I’ve even got a Verizon Hotspot for my car and other areas where I need to be connected.

So, what’s’ the trick, the magic? Please, please share with me as to what supreme being must I pay homage to in order to get my simple and lowly POP email to function on my very fine Blackberry Playbook?

For those who may ask, my general system is as follows:

Playbook, 16 GB with 2.1.0.1088 OS

Blackberry Storm II

Verizon Wireless Carrier

AT&T/Yahoo POP email

That’s it I think…

Tks,

Dave S.

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: Setting up POP email on the Playbook - FAIL

Santec wrote:

Hi All,

Okay, I’ve tried every trick, method and suggestion I can think of short of using some magical concoction.

How the heck can I get my POP email to work on my new Playbook? Otherwise what’s the point, I’ll just to send it back. Hey, apps are nice and fun but this thing has to do some work to earn it’s keep, at least a little bit.

I’ve been setting up email on devices for years with little to no problems. My Storm II does just fine, my daughter's iPad, no problem, laptops, office PC’s not an issue but my great new Playbook won’t let it happen no matter what I try. What's up with that?

Why should it be so problematic? It makes no sense to me.

Bridging is fine until I move the PB too far from my phone and of course I can go to the AT&T/Yahoo and Hotmail websites but that’s a hassle unless I’m on someone else’s PC.

I’ve got solid WiFi throughout my home and office and I’ve even got a Verizon Hotspot for my car and other areas where I need to be connected.

So, what’s’ the trick, the magic? Please, please share with me as to what supreme being must I pay homage to in order to get my simple and lowly POP email to function on my very fine Blackberry Playbook?

For those who may ask, my general system is as follows:

Playbook, 16 GB with 2.1.0.1088 OS

Blackberry Storm II

Verizon Wireless Carrier

AT&T/Yahoo POP email

That’s it I think…

Tks,

Dave S.

You mentioned Hotmail. Ok this is it for Hotmail,  same for Gmail.

Settings

Accounts

Add new account 

Tap email, cal, contacts 

Type in email address

Type in password

Tap continue

For the moment select only email sync, not contacts or cal.

Tap save

That's it.

Once email works, eoeriment with cal and contacts by changing the account configuration settings.

Yahoo is another matter, I hate it, maybe someone can post the howto.

________