If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
Longcove
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: BellAliant
Accepted Solution

Setting up email

Hi: I'm trying to set up my email. I have inserted the info from my Desktop which is the same as my laptop.

The PB keeps saying "The [outgoing] server smtp.bellaliant.net for your account (email address) is not responding. Please try again later.

Later.

Same problem yet both my Desktop and laptop are working perfectly. Any ideas please? I've checked the accuracy of the entered info several times.

A second problem will be when I try to use my other smtp server. BellAliant blocks the port if I'm away from home. So I use another account's outgoing server to get around the problem. It is not clear how I set that up.

Thanks.

Donald

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Longcove

Re: Setting up email

As an update. I tried using smtp.gmail.com as teh outgoing with the same result. Server not responding.

Any help?

Donald

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i only see this on there setup

http://csc.aliant.ca/knowledge/docs/Internet/VDesktop/Windows/EmailSettings/Index.html

Google wont relay mail for you unless you have an account and sending via them.

ISP email can be a pain and now I use Gmail instead for personal email.

Gmail might even be able to pull from your ISP

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Longcove

Hi knottyrope: Problem solved. My laptop is set up for port 587 and works for some reason. Talked to Aliant and they said port 25. Set PB to 25 and it works. Amazing!

I have a gmail account but will have to check to see what port they want to use, maybe 26.

I'm just getting used to PBs and after 'conventional' computers it is all a bit weird. I keep wanting a back button.

Thanks for reply.

Donald

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I use Exchange Active Sync for gmail so I can see folders and have it pushed to my devices.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.