Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
boylinux
My Device: 9860

Sheets to Go. Content is locked press the category button.

I have a spreadsheet that was working fine in 1.0.8 for editing but under 2.0 I get the message that "The content is locked. Press the category button to unlock." I've reloaded the spreadsheet from my laptop doing a direct usb transfer as well as putting up in Box.net and downloading but get the same message. I've checked for read only as well. This is confusing me and hope someone has an idea as searching has only turned up a thread in crackberry but no solution yet.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JGBLK2012
My Device: Playbook 16 GB

Re: Sheets to Go. Content is locked press the category button.

boylinux,

I also started seeing locked content in some Excel sheets after updating my playbook this past week to version 2.0.

In my case, I found that it was caused by an If(isblank) statement at cell A1. The alert message actually listed A1 at the end of it's warning. When I removed this conditional statement at A1 everything was OK.

I suspect that Sheets To Go may have changed with the new update for the Blackberry Tablet. I also noticed that the Sheet To Go seems to have lost it's Powerpoint Icon with the update.

Anyway, I hope this helps you find the reason for your locked content.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
boylinux

I'll check my equations. Where do you find the errors. I think I only get the error message with nothing more.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JGBLK2012
My Device: Playbook 16 GB

I'm not sure how to post a screenshot for you.

Anyway, I received the following alert each time I tried to edit any cell on the sheet.

This content is locked.Press the
category button to unlock.
Sheet: Weekly Calc Form
A1

When I deleted the conditional statement at A1 all returned to normal.

Unsure what I will run into in the future however?

Good Luck

Please use plain text.
Contributor
boylinux

Thanks again. It gives me something to look for.

Please use plain text.
dempey
My Device: Curve 9380

I am really new at this, and having the same problem but don't know what the conditional statement is and can't seem to access cell a1.  Can you offer any more details?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
boylinux

Conditional statements are like if statements in your cells. Go through the sheet and check your equations. If you have any if statements then try removing them and see if you get the same error.

Please use plain text.
dempey
My Device: Curve 9380

I think it has to do with the set up of the sheet in am trying to edit.  I will see if I can reproduce on my desktop and see if that works.  Thanks 

Please use plain text.
maddox72
My Device: Torch 9800

After updating my playbook to the wonderful 2.0 I cannot update any excel sheets to go.  When I update cells a bubble appears stating content is locked.  Press the categaory button to unlock.  There is no category button.  I need help.  This spread sheet is quite large and I'd hate to redo it.

Please use plain text.
shepdla
My Device: Playbook

I've had the same problem and here it was the EDATE formula - cannot say if it was working in previous software as new spreadsheet.  Fortunately only one formula so easy to amend to a manual date but not what I expect from Blackberry re compatibility.

I also use a lot of "Freeze Panes" so I know where I am in the spreadsheet which never worked on Playbook but when recovered into my pc were fine but are now a "disjointed" until I move away from the area enough to refresh the screen.  Not a major issue but frustrating.

Help - the content lock message on the Playbook tells you which cell is causing the problem; rework the spreadsheet in your main Excel and transfer again to Playbook - hopefully it will work now.

I wonder if there are more issues re compatibility - Sheet To Go appears not to be able to handle IF and EDATE formulae so far - are there others out there we don't know about.

This is my first post so bear with me as I get going.

Please use plain text.