Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

dany_s

Re: Sign the "Skype for the BlackBerry Playbook" Petition.

Off-topic flame war has been removed.

Please stay on topic and simply report any posts that you deem as violating the Community Guidelines and TOS.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I dont think there will ever be an app. looks like they will be using HTML5 instead for it which the PlayBook does support.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/04/microsoft-job-ads-reveal-html5-version-of-skype-coming-to-br...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,756
My Carrier: Verizon

Skype Attends BlackBerry 10 Jam In California

http://www.blackberryos.com/content/skype-attends-blackberry-10-jam-california-3485/

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus
My Carrier: telus

Logically, which is an attitude sadly lacking with some posters, why would anyone not want Skype for the Playbook?

Far better to have it than on a Blackberry Smartphone, with its relatively small screen.

Most of us have it on our home computers, but to be out and about, at, perhaps, a significant event, why on earth would that not be the greatest thing since sliced bread??? 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Dshanty
My Carrier: None...wifi

Agreed!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It is a shame skype has not made an effort for the playbook, many developers didnt think it was worth it until BB10 was announced and RIM is catering to developers with free tools and devices. There will be a lot of new stuff coming after Oct once released.

I never said Skype was bad or not worth it. I too would use it but its not a dire need for me as it seems to be for quite a lot of people.

I am glad skype went to BBJam to see what it is all about, that is a positive move by Skype.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.