Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Since PB OS update to 1.0.7.3312, PB browser crashes whenever attempting to access streaming radio through flash

[ Edited ]

After the os upgrade, I started to experience issues with my Playbook browser crashing and closing on it's own whenever I attempt to access a streaming radio music site. It doesn't seem to matter which site I choose. As soon as the site loads up into the browser completely, the browser crashes, no error.

Restarting the Playbook does no good to alleviate the issue, as the browser crashes immediately upon gettting to the site(s) providing the streaming media. The browser did not used to crash at all before the O/S upgrade.

These sites appear to be using flash for their window to stream the music from.

I also noticed that since the OS upgrade, my browser will automatically load a popup from an NFL site now.

Even after I clear all in the Privacy & Security settings of the browser, the pop up window comes right back again on it's own. My browser content settings are set to Load images, Enable Flash, and Enable javascript.

This morning, in an attempt to eliminate other reasons for the browser crashing, I did a security wipe of the Playbook, and after installing the updates, etc., and before attempting to install any additional programs, I went directly to the browser and attempted to get to one of the streaming radio stations (from I heart radio). Unfortunately, as soon as the entire page loaded up, the browser crashed again.

So, I don't think it's any other apps causing this to fail. This mus have something to do with flash update/os update causing this I believe. Anyone have any ideas?:Clap:

forgot to mention that I have the browser setting "Remember Open Tabs When I start browser" set to OFF.

That damned popup still kept coming back, as soon as I closed it's tab, it would come back. This is very similar to how an infected PC will allow non-stop popups.

Since the security wipe, I'm not having the pop up problem of course. However, I thought it was good to mention, since I'm not yet aware of any type of "protection" or popup blocker for the PB yet.

New Contributor

Re: Since PB OS update to 1.0.7.3312, PB browser crashes whenever attempting to access streaming radio through flash

[ Edited ]

???

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Since PB OS update to 1.0.7.3312, PB browser crashes whenever attempting to access streaming radio through flash

The only thing with the update did was an adobe flash update. you may need to reload the os. just back up the data you need.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

I've already done that, as explained in my post.

In fact, I wanted to eliminate any factors pertaining to the other apps (thinking at the time that it may have been some app), so this is why I did a security wipe.

However, after performing the security wipe, and before any apps were reinstalled on the device, I attempted to go to the site again and as soon as the flash applet loaded, the browser crashed again, without error.

In order to help explain this further, here is the direct link to the site which crashes the Blackberry without warning:

http://www.iheart.com/#/live/705/?autoplay=true

It's nothing at all fancy, just a site which streams a local AM radio station here in Southeast Florida.

I've been successfully listening to this station for months!!! No problems!

However after that update to the Playbook, the browser just crashes.

Go ahead and attempt to get to that site, and allow the applets to load up.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks for supplying the link. I too had the browser close. Must be the browser is no compatible with the website.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers - Canada

I am having the same problem.  It is happening with the two main streaming sites I use.  One is an app and the other is a local radio station in Ottawa.  Very frustrating because this is what I've mostly been using my PB for.  It will go for approximately 30 seconds and kaput.  Don't see any solutions as yet. 

New Contributor
My Device: tablet
My Carrier: btc - bahamas

I am also having the same problem of my browser crashing since the os2 used grade. It doesn't matter what Site I am not I have experienced it with many. Even the YouTube account team crashes as well as my app world. I hope the tech support people at rim are listening and quickly develop a fix.