Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
sschmid
My Device: RDJ21WW

SiteBook

It appears that I have downloaded SiteBook, as the app is located in 'my world' of the blakberry world. However I don't know how to open it, use it, as there is no icon on my tablet.

Can anyone help me? It appears that I am rather useless on this playbook.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: SiteBook

[ Edited ]

I'd uninstall it from BlackBerry World and then reinstall it once more. The icon will be three yellow stars in a grouping. You can't miss it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sschmid

Thank you.

I have deleted sitebook several times and reinstalled several times and nothing.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

sschmid wrote:

Thank you.

I have deleted sitebook several times and reinstalled several times and nothing.

OK, if I were you I'd uninstall it, REBOOT COMPLETELY (as in power it off fully and power back on - it will take a while [one of the PlayBook's quirks]) and then try it again. If that doesn't work, then there is a bigger issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sschmid

Yes, I believe there is a bigger issue. I have shut down several times to reboot and reinstalled SiteBook several times all with no avail.

I'll tinker with it again tomorrow.

Thank you for your response.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB

On the homepage, have you tried scrolling up to see if there are any icons below the ones showing

Gene
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

Or swiping left and right depending on if you have more than one page of applications. There will be some little boxes right below the quick launch bar indicating multiple pages. If there are then swiping from right to left will advance to that page. 

I have attached a screen capture of my homepage with the tiny squares visible. Also, the SiteBook icon is visible too so you can see what it should look like if we solve this...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sschmid

Thank you for your email response.

I have tried everything. The SiteBook is in my apps, but not actually installed. I have deleted the program and reinstalled several times. I have turned the unit off and on several times and scrolled everywhere on the screen to see if it's hidden.

Everyone's advice has been very helpful.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

Ok, we can try two other things with one being more destructive than the other and more time consuming. We can remove all icons from the quick launch bar to initialize an array error and then drag EVERY ICON AND FOLDER onto the now empty quick launch bar until no more icons are visible on the PlayBook and then reboot or reinstall the operating system from scratch.

I would first remove all icons from the quick launch bar to get an array error. Then painstakingly drag every single icon onto the empty quick launch bar until all icons disappear and then reboot. If that doesn't bring back the SiteBook icon then nothing will and I would suspect that a complete O/S refresh would be beneficial.  Try the first method and if no luck I will provide information on how to do an O/S reload. I would back up your photos/ebooks/music/files/etc. If I were you before doing an operating system reload...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sschmid

Magically, I was able to access SiteBook, by deleting a few icons that were intially installed on the PlayBook that I am not using.

How dumb have I been.

Thank you to all that have responded.

Please use plain text.