Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Once again, I am stuck in upper case in the subject field and I have TWO cursor locations! One in subject field the other in the text field. Not funny.

But it is not why I am writing.  The email I received from BlackBerry this morning about the Q10 shows Skype on the screen of the device. So maybe once we figure out why is the generation of topics on this board is so screwed up, we will have Skype on the PlayBook. 

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: SkYPE

Yes, BlackBerry 10 does have Skype. I think Skype will be made available on the PlayBook when the PB has BB10 Update.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Now if we can 'sideload' converted Android apps, surely someone can figure out how to sideload a BB10 app, no? Just kidding, or maybe not?
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Hello godot11.
I understand your frustration. You could try browsing to imo for Skype through the browser. I have tested the bar file for Z10, again it is android port as Skype promised. I can The same version of Skype does not work on the PB as of yet.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

We have had a Skype sideload for months. The OS2 android player will not offer access to camera or microphone so it will only work for text.

Re the editing problem, this forum is not compatible with playbooks on first post in the thread. You can save a short message then edit or reply to yourself, or use a laptop.

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: roger

Hello to everyone,

How to install skype on my blackberry 9900 ??

Please help,

Pierre