Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
cas118
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Sluggish PlayBook

[ Edited ]

OK, my PlayBook 64GB is/was being very sluggish.

I can tell you exactly why. When I have an email account set up (Google Apps if it matters), the PlayBook becomes noticibly slower when accessing system menus and the 'peek' icons.

Also apps become prone to freezing and Android apps take a LONG time to start.

The keyboard sometimes takes 10-15 seconds to appear when clicking on an input field and then a long freeze again when clicking on a different context field such as email or password.

It can take upto 30 seconds to wake up from standby on occasion. A swipe or button press made no difference.

It got to a point where I completely reinstalled the OS using the 'debrick' method. This briefly resolved it but ithe slowness soon came back. I even avoided restoring my backups, thus losing a load of save games and app data 'just in case'.

So, right now I'm without native email on my PlayBook. It works like a dream, but I don't get any email.

There seems to be an I/O bottleneck caused by this issue and the PlayBook seems to freeze at a system-level which is not cool.

If anyone knows how to resolve this, then it would be great.

I really hope that it's resolved before BlackBerry 10 though, as I've noticed others having the issue on here and I believe that they're related. I've tried the 2.1 beta and that suffers from the same issue.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.