Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Spinning Green Circle in Accounts locking me out of Messages almost daily

Increasingly more often, the Accounts screen gets stuck in an endless state with the spinning green circle, and I get the same in the Messages app most likely because it can't obtain account information.  I have to reboot the Playbook in order to use any functionality that requires Accounts to work.

This has been happening more frequently, almost daily, since the most recent minor OS2 update.

This problem is making the playbook increasingly unusable, as I can't rely on it working when I need it to since rebooting takes quite awhile.

I've seen others reporting this, but they are either okay with having to reboot, or the problem goes unresolved and languishes in inactivity.  Hence I'm creating a new thread in the hopes it gets some attention. <fingers crossed>

Thank you for any tips,

Alain.

anks,Alain.
ffff
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Spinning Green Circle in Accounts locking me out of Messages almost daily

Maybe the only solution is a security wipe. Backup your data first.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

I am assuming you are trying to set up or run the native email system. What email are you using, Hotmail, Gmail, which ones?
In the meantime, delete your email accounts you have set up, reboot and reinstall them. Try this snd let us know the results.
New Contributor

Yes, using the native Messages application.

I have Exchange, gMail and LinkedIn accounts set up. 

Having just encountered the problem again, I rebooted the pb, went straight to Accounts and saw that my Exchange account entry indicated that it was not connected, so I clicked through and hit Save and Connect and got the spinning green circle again. After 15mins, I rebooted again but this time when I went to Accounts, all accounts were connected.

Hope this provides a clue or two as to what the root cause is for his issue. 

I shall try deleting and recreating all of my accounts and see if the issue still manifests itself. 

Thank you for your quick reply,

Alain. 

Forums Veteran I

May I suggest you try this. I use Gmail only and have no problem so setup your G mail account only and use it fir a day or two to see if you have any problems with it. Then add the Linkedin Account. Try it for a day or so then add the Exchange Account which is likely the problem.
Forums Veteran I

In the Search box at the top of this screen, enter Exchange and read additional post on this subject.
Forums Veteran I

See if your administrator has it blocked by policy. Is this a personal use tablet or corporate.
New Contributor

Having deleted all my accounts, rebooted, then recreated the accounts, the issue persists. 

Thoughts? 

Alain. 

Forums Veteran I

Security Wipe. Backup your music, videos, pictures and documents first.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: Rogers

This is happening to me as well on a daily basis. Sometimes I have to reboot more than once per day. Other posters appear to have isolated the problem to their Facebook integration. I am not using an Exchange account, I have two Gmail accounts, one linkedin and one Facebook account. I have tried deleting and rebuilding all accounts, my Playbook had to be rebooted within 4 hours of this because the problem returned. I'm going to try removing Facebook for a day or two to see if it fixes the problem.