Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Good News

[ Edited ]

Good News, I have emailed the Public Relations Manager at Rim and they have notified me that they are adding this feature in a future update :"I have confirmed that the development team has added a “never dim” functionality to the roadmap for inclusion. They are unable to share a timeline with me but it is on the list for a future incremental feature update."

My Device: Playbook & Bold 9900

Re: Good News

[ Edited ]

Huzzah!!

Nice one :Flowers:

But now I'm thinking of all those poor noobs who run the battery to two red blinks....doh!

-----------------------------
nil satis nisi optimum
-----------------------------
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

kyliewantsme wrote:

Huzzah!!

Nice one :Flowers:

But now I'm thinking of all those poor noobs who run the battery to two red blinks....doh!

two side to every coin

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

If they have indeed added this ability to the PlayBook either in os 2.x or (better yet) BB OS 10, then I would be a very happy camper.

I won't hold my breath waiting though...

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: Stand by after 5 minutes

Just installed the latest update (2.1.0.1314).  Still no change.  RIM really are a waste of space.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

It will not change until we get BB10 on the PlayBook, as far as I can tell. Time to stop expecting or hoping for an update with each new PlayBook release...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
Developer
My Device: playbook 4G/LTE

this feature needs to be sooner rather than later. it is quite annoying having it go to sleep, even when plugged into a charger.
and it had better come with a native-mode api call to set this capability. as it stands the playbook is useless for any sort of non-video demonstrations or presentation work.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook

I've given up, after waiting for months on this like others I am not holding my breath. While the PlayBook is a nice tablet some functionality is lacking so I bit the bullet and used my tradein credit to buy the Nexus 7 for work use. I will probably keep the PlayBook for future use in reviews and to take video of product reviews which it does nicely but some things are just not worth waiting for.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 / 16g PlayBook

Obviously this thread is still alive and some of us really would like to use our 

playbook for common, work related tasks. I too am wondering if BlackBerry 

will ever change this on the playbook.  I'm REAL curious to know if BB10

Has changed this. Will the Z10 stay on for more than five minutes?????

I'm still trying to be faithful to BlackBerry, but I'm considering finding a 

different tablet. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

these are the settings in it. You can watch a movie or use sat nav with out it turning off

30sec

1min

90sec

2min

3min

5min

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V