Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Standby restarts Playbook since 2.0 update

Has anyone else had this problem? When I select standby my Playbook restarts. This happens every time I try this.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Standby restarts Playbook since 2.0 update

I've seen that - It's been doing that since 1.0.x. I've seen people that said that after a fresh update of 2.0 that button isn't even present. There's definitely a bug with it.  If you tap the battery icon, you'll have all the power management buttons there. The standby button there will not restart the device.

Developer
My Device: Z10

Glad to know it's not just me. RIM really needs to worry about these bugs before it releases a new OS, the browser still crashes too.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

where is the solution?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

I had that problem but it vanished with OS2. Power buttons work great for me now.
My Device: playbook

I have the same problem except that it happens every time I press the stand by bottom and when I’m charging the Tablet. I already have tried to wipe everything and re installing the 2.0, and I still have the same problem. Anyone has an idea what it could be or what can I do?