Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ggidora
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16G

Stellarium

There is very little about the app Stellarium and the problem after the last OS update. Several posts mention it as a problem but I don"t see a solution. There has been a number of reports sent to the sourceforge group who originally wrote Stellarium but they will not touch this problem because they did not port it into playbook and they referred people to RIM for answers.

I loved the app and was disappointed when it stopped working but I felt confident that an app upgrade would follow quickly as usually happens. This is a paid app, not a lot mind you but it is the principle of it that a vendor MUST stand behind their products. I am getting pretty PO'd that there is no action and no answers.

I am pretty sure it is a problem in the GPS procedures because of the way it freezes up immediately after a single touch on an icon but I do not have access to the code.

Anyone else ticked off?

Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: Stellarium

[ Edited ]

You paid for an app originally from Sourceforge? That is against the licence, even for an app re-ported for playbook.

Who did you pay?

________
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Can't help on what's going on with Stellerarium, but I have used What's Up? Which is pretty good (and inexpensive).

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
ggidora

Yes I found that app as well and while it has fewer features than stellarium it is quite nice and I am enjoying it.

New Contributor
ggidora

I paid for and downloaded it from BB Appworld. I am pretty sure I was charged $.99 for the app and it worked great until the OS update. Now I see it is no longer available but its still listed in "My World."

Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

[ Edited ]

ggidora wrote:

I paid for and downloaded it from BB Appworld. I am pretty sure I was charged $.99 for the app and it worked great until the OS update. Now I see it is no longer available but its still listed in "My World."

That's why I couldn't see it.  It may be only $0.99 but maybe thousands of people  downloaded it and the so called developer has done a runner. It happens all the time both here and in Appleville, and there's no protection or refund for us.  Yes I would be peed off too.

________
New Contributor
ggidora

Such is life Thanks for your interest. I have found What's up a similar app that works. Not as many neat features but still very good, useful and fun.
mcfudge2
My Device: Playbook 64 GB

Yeah I'm ticked off too. Stellarium is a fantastic app. I paid as well. I hope that RIM will help resolve the issue. I lost it after the upgrade. And I deleted it in hopes of reinstalling to resolve the issue.